12 in stock
The FE-6590STR.S20 is a 100Base-FX fibre Network Adapter, designed for notebooks equipped with a CardBus PCMCIA slot. Part of the FE6590 Series, model FE-6590STR.S20 has an ruggedised ST connector, with a range of 20 kilometres over singlemode cable.
Alloy’s FE-6590 Series of Fast Ethernet fibre optic PCMCIA CardBus Network Adapters is the perfect solution for connecting Notebooks to high speed fibre optic LANs via a 32-bit PCMCIA interface. Supporting 100Mbps data throughput in both full and half duplex environments, the single piece card features an SC, ST or ruggedised ST fibre optic connector and diagnostic LED’s attached directly onto the PCMCIA card body. Individual models in the FE-6590 Series are designed for use with either multimode or singlemode fibre optic cable. With multimode models the maximum range is 2 kilometres, whilst singlemode models support up to 60Km range. Drivers are provided for all major Network Operating Systems.
With its unique, robust, single piece design, FE-6590 Series Adapters are easy to use and install. They requires no external power supply, but derives all power for the fibre interface of the host system. FE6590 Series Adapters are Plug and Play devices.
The FE-6590 Series has been supplied to military and government departments worldwide, and is an ideal solution for notebook network connectivity where either the range or security of fibre optic networking is essential.
- Network Adapter.
• PCMCIA Type II CardBus PC Card
• Ideal solution for fibre to notebook applications
• Robust single-piece card design with integral fibre connectors
• Singlemode model with maximum range of 20 kilometres
• Ruggedised all-metal damage resistant ST connector
• Designed to fit ruggedised notebooks
• Diagnostic LEDS
• Wide operating system support
• RoHS Compliance
• IEEE 802.3u Fast Ethernet 100Base-FX
• PCMCIA Type II CardBus
• Type II CardBus PC Card 68-pin connector
• Ruggedised, all-metal damage resistant ST
Data Transfer Rate/Mode
• Full or half-duplex mode
Fibre Optic Cable Type/Range
• 9/125µm singlemode
• 20 Kilometres (maximum)
• Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, 98, NT
• 0.5A @ +3.3V, 0.5A @ +5V maximum
• 0° to 50°C (32° to 104°F)
• 5% to 90%
• 54mm(H) x 140mm(L) x 16mm(D – at port connector housing)
• 60 grams
• Complies with FCC Part 15 Class B, CE Mark; C-Tick